Because they’re proud at the fact they’ve became a parent at all. They’re proud that:
- They met someone in life to be there with them the whole way, a soulmate if you will, or at least the other parent to your baby!
- They got through an entire roughly nine months of pregnancy, not an easy thing to do at all! Especially if a woman gets morning sickness, back and joint pain and general irritability! Obviously credit here goes more to the mother!
- They’re proud that they went through the extreme pain of labour (most of the time) and they done it all for their newborn
- They’re proud that they have actually became a parent. After waiting probably decades of life, a few relationships and eventually a relationship strong enough to produce a baby (I’m talking emotionally here, nothing to do with fertility), it’s finally happened!
- They’re proud looking at their baby to think of everything to come. All the joyful moments. All the upsetting moments. All the ups and downs that come with parenthood! Who couldn’t feel an unbelievable sense of pride looking at their own baby!
- Not to mention their cute chubby little faces!