At first, for UPSC preparation there must have some mental strategies
- At first, you must have a passion for being a civil servant.(your passion or your interest is the father of your determination). Try to love what you are working for.
- Self motivation is very important rather than being motivated by following someone or toppers.Your passion, your interest, proper reason for what you want to be in future are enough for your self motivation.
- Your attitude, your movement must be positive always.
- Next part is that you have to work hard ruthlessly for making your dream come true because in every year around 8–9 lacks candidates appear for this exam in average but among all of them 1–2 thousand candidates get selected and your competition must not be with those who don’t get selected rather than your competition must be with those 1–2 thousand who get selected or who have a greater probability to get selected
- Find the proper reason for why you want to be a civil servant in future.
- You must control yourself from getting distracted from your target.
- Try to stay alone until you can’t achieve your target.
- Go underground for a few years.
- There is no need to go into the argument with those who try to say that UPSC exam is very tough, you should try for less tough exams, you are wasting your time or money etc. There is no need to raise your voice against those. You should keep one thing in your mind and that is today’s silence will speak for yourself tomorrow.
- Control yourself over social media like Facebook/Whats app/Instagram/Twitter etc. Use social media for your academic purpose otherwise be detached from social media for a few years. Because if you seriously dream of being a civil servant in future, try to respect your dream by giving it as your first priority than anything else in your life.
- Try to follow a routine properly and you should continue that properly until you can’t be successful in this journey.
- Try to make a proper time table for your study. Here one thing is very important and that is how many time you are providing for your study is not important but the time you are providing for your study must be utilized properly in a systematic format. As for an example, today you have studied for 15–16 hours, next day you studied for 4 hours and the next day you studied for 6–8 hours………… you should not do this. If you are capable of studying for 15–16 hours ( though it is not necessary and if you do so, you may become mad or your brain may crash or your health may break down), continue this till the last day of your preparation, otherwise if you are comfortable with studying for 6–8 hours, you should follow this time table properly until you can’t get success. In short to say, move as per your capacity but you should keep yourself under a specific routine or a proper time table.
- Take little steps and complete those successfully. Don’t take a huge load. Fix a target for every subject and try to complete those with clear conception and here one thing you should remember that our confidence depends completely on our success. Suppose, i have set a question paper containing ten questions for you and you answered correctly to two questions only out of ten questions and if this results continues for some days more, automatically you will loose your confidence and your interest too but on the hand hand if you can answer correctly to all the questions or if you can answer correctly to eight questions out of ten questions and if this performance of you continues for some days or some weeks, automatically your interest or your confidence will be developed in that particular subject. So, in short to say, take little steps and become successful in your fixed target for that day and if you continue in this way automatically you will have much interest in this exam as well as you will have enough confidence for clearing this exam too. So, move by step by step with systematic strategy.
- Never ever think of your future. The more you will think of your future, the more probability you may have to get tensed or to get feared for this exam or for your your performance too. So forget your future and pay your keen focus on what you are doing at present. One thing you should remember that whatever you will do for today, today’s action or performance will give you the same result for tomorrow as well.
- During this preparation time some kind of frustration, depression, feeling of boringness happen almost with everyone, you can watch some motivational videos/ good movies or you can listen to songs or you can do something creative. In short to say do something which can refresh you or can boost yourself for a new start.
- At first, when you will start your preparation, you will face many problems or many difficulties and it happens with everyone but if you stick to your target and if you fight with those problems consistently, after sometime everything will start to become easier.Don’t think that UPSC is not your cup of tea but you must be optimistic in your every single approach. If you can’t solve anything properly now, leave it for now and try it in the next day or for the next time but never loose hope. Because in every success story there are many problems successful man has to overcome to have the taste of success.
- In UPSC there are many subjects and among all the subjects everyone has some disliking subjects and it’s common to all. But if you are a serious aspirant and if you seriously want to become a civil servant, you have to do everything by which you can become a civil servant in future. Here i am giving an example that is suppose, your UPSC exam is like a fever and becoming a civil servant is your healthy body and all the subjects under UPSC exam are your medicine and if you seriously want to recover your fever (UPSC exam) for having a healthy body (becoming a civil servant) you have to take medicines (studying all the subjects with proper interest).
- Always pay your focus on the matter of quality but not quantity. One thing you should always keep in mind and that is whatever you are doing is not important but how well you do those is more important and the probability of being successful is completely standing on the matter of quality but not quantity.
And always remember one thing – “ Success is not an accident but it is your hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all love for what you are doing.” – by Pele
Some preparation strategies
- At first, try to make your base strong in every subject. If you are not strong in your base, when you will go in depth, you will face many problems there.
- Whatever you are reading, try to highlight important areas, important portions and repeat those for several times and when you will start to read a new chapter, try to follow everything in details, don’t leave any line or any portion untouched. Follow everything line by line.
- Next part is according to our current UPSC pattern maximum portions are related with current affairs. So you must follow news paper regularly, you must make yourself updated with current govt. policies/development/schemes etc as maximum questions are related with these facts.
- UPSC exam is not only of objective types but also is of descriptive types too so you sh