I am a person who loves carnatic musics. My pick will be mostly from that genre only.
- M.S.Subbulakshmi Amma – She has no replacement, one thing I regret ever is not be able to watch her singing live. Considered to be the reincarnation of the Goddess saraswati herself. For more info: M. S. Subbulakshmi, She referred as one of the Female trinity of Carnatic Music.
- "Queen of the Indian stage." K.B. Sunderambal – A voice so brave and valiant, her voice makes people to get goosebumps, irreplaceable. Anyone who have listened to her rendition of “Thanithirundhu Vaazhum” song, will know what I am talking about. That song can only be rendered wonderfully by this great person. First women playback singer to get 1 lakh rupees as a payment in Indian film industry. For more info: K. B. Sundarambal – Her song collections: Popular Videos – K. B. Sundarambal
- D.K. Pattammal – Another wonderful carnatic singer, who’s voice is irresitble. One of the Female trinity of Carnatic Music. For more info: D. K. Pattammal
- M.L. Vasanthakumari – The guru of the current era’s greatest singers, Sudha Ragunathan, etc. She is also one of person in the list of Female trinity of Carnatic Music. For More info: M. L. Vasanthakumari
- P.Suseela amma – The voice which still echoes all over South India, her voice gained her a nickname of ‘paadum kooyil’(Singing koel / Cuckoo), she sang in over 40,000 films in South India. One of her favourite rendition I like the most is the song “Tamizhukkum Amudhendru Peyr” for the ‘Panchavarna kili’ Tamil movie will be out of this world, both the lyrics and the song is inexplicable experiecne. For more info: P. Susheela
- L.R. Easwari – Another verstaile singer with an unique voice. For more info: L. R. Eswari
- Pillavalu Gajapathi Krishnaveni AKA ‘Jikki’ – Her unique voice earned so many fans during that era. She sang over 1,00,000 songs in South Indian languages and few songs in Sinhalese. For more info: Jikki
These are my all time favourite female singers.